Monday, June 16, 2008

a week of tall orders...

omg.. this week is such a packed week with lots of "first" & "new" happenings. i was busy like a dog, mind stuck like a pig. but i still managed to laugh a little from the little wonders i could get. i believe, sometimes we just need to learn to look at the tiniest things to find the greatest laughters we can get.

it's a good week after all. firstly, puma's first roadshow has finally kicked-off over the weekend. they have also given me another new task. then received a new job order from a different department from an existing education client, which is not very usual. but thanks to the those that have faith in me. well, i'm just done with the creative visuals a couple of hours ago, emailed at 2am. then finally, the most awaiting confectionery client has agreed to award me a new campaign with 2 further new projects. 3 new orders from 3 new clients, it's not bad. missing dinner is all worth it when someone has faith in you... well, i had dinner at 12am a moment ago, alone again, and that's not new ;)

and now, i'm rushing for the local gaming giant's creative for calendar. it's a pitch campaign, hopefully hearing another good news soon. it was rejected earlier, and now i'm reproposing a totally new concept. something to do with bull? err... yes, i'm taking a break from the jam-packed schedule to pen this down. tonight, is a non-sleep night. i got to finish the job in order to hit my deadline tomorrow. i guess, next month i must hire some fellas to help me before i turned into a hunchback of advertising.

funny thing is this week, most of the people i met were taller than. well, girls basically. while was conducting the induction for the roadshow, out of 4 promo-girls, 2 were taller than me. on friday night, i had an unplanned clubbing trip with my good friend of 20 years. we were supposed to only have dinner & chill at his place to check out his newly bought puppy, leila. then as usual, this happening fellas got his special invitation to clubs again. so he dragged me along, it was meant to be a 2-hour thing. as usual, unplanned, we spent longer than that. when we're at the club, heritage mansion, he introduced his 4 girlfriends to me, out of 4, 3 taller than me. i can't really remember their names already, as usual again. then we moved on to poppy garden for a quick round, while we're about to leave, bumped into my other girlfriends, out of 3, 2 taller than me. what the hell?! all these girls were like 5'8/5'9 and with 4-5 inch heels. what's wrong with the people these days? what do they eat actually?! ok ok, i'm height-challenged. but i played basketball for my school?! ok, must be the food. i don't eat that much when i was young. i should have. or i should have worn heels too! damn...

but i had very fulfilling saturday, nonetheless. haven't been this relax for a longest time. now, honeymoon weekend is over, time to get my arse glued to my working chair again... it's a working sunday and it's a father's day. what did i give to my dad? a text message & quick call. what did i get from my kiddos? a bunch of shit. but that's all i need from them ;)

how i wish, tomorrow is a holiday... hmm... strange... i never wish for holidays... but... i guess, i do need one soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment