Friday, June 6, 2008

"fifteen" the road-runner

hmm...it's been a while, been really busy with some jobs in hand. running almost like a headless chicken but it's a blessing in disguised.

besides, the usual hoo-ha of the never ending revisions of the same freaking visuals from my property client. a little bad news i received 2 days back, my proposed visuals for one of the important clients was declined. but......no bad news is as bad as the 41% petrol hike! i've been winning pitches to develop calendars against some established players for this local gaming 4D giant for the past 2 years. this will be my 3rd year, so it's rather important to continue my legacy... or winning or sustaining my pocket. client said i set the standard too high, hence for the past 2 years, my work has been the bench mark for the pitch. this is not really a good news! cos' everyone is copying my style & work. and i saw that literally! meaning, i'll have to break out from my own again. this mean, i'm stuck. i got brain dead suddenly. guess, i need to sleep badly, my ideas usually comes from my dreams... unlike some weirdo advertising freaks claim that their insight will only arrive when taking a dump... anyway, the new deadline is next friday, no more extension. this weekend is no longer a calm weekend...

anyway, my new client, puma has decided to kick-off a recruitment drive for its coming futsal competition. it's gonna be really exciting. which means, i shall be busy for this entire month. worth it! i love puma, i've been a die-hard puma shoes lovers. it's definitely the coolest thing to be able to work for the brand.

however, my car has not been behaving lately. it has been experiencing engine died-off when the car is idled, puzzled me for days. then finally i decided to lift the bonnet to examine it. then i realized the most hilarious thing is there was not even a drop of engine oil left!! yes, i might be smart in a lot things but when it comes to car, i'm a big idiot. that's for sure the least manly part of me and i don't really care as long the car looks good from the outside, takes me to places, i'm just not so much a car-doctor myself. so i filled up the engine with one full bottle of the engine oil, let's see how it goes. definitely, i will have to drive at the slow drivers lane, that's uncool for sure.

so, since my car was without engine oil and i had to walk to buy my dinner. it's not a long walk, just about 2km. i can manage the distance, i've put on some inches now but not at the right part... while i was about to cross the road, i saw something shocking. a tiny little cute kitten was in the middle of the road! cars were coming from both sides. i charged into the road, stopped the cars from both sides and yet i tried to do it with a grace, i picked up the kitten gently and placed her onto the side of the road. the kitten was definitely less than 2 weeks old. she still have the "baby milky" scent and she is barely 5 inches long! i stood there, waiting for the cat-mother to come to look for the kitten. but no adult cat was nearby, and the kitten is keep wanting to cross the street. i walked around that area but saw no cat. i couldn't leave her there, she could die in minutes by trying to do her heroic road-runner stance...pep

so i had no choice, after 15 minutes of waiting & searching i took her home, fated i guess. i'd decided no more cat for me, i've already had 7 cats before this little road-runner. although, cyon was my last surviving cat, i decided not to get a company for her. after all, my slutty cyon is always out looking for some hot-rods. but lucky thing is she always comes back to her real boy friend, my fat boy ;)

so road-runner came into the house, cyon was anxious, immediately showing her hostility. while husky the fat boy was in his usual self, ever willing to have more 'friends'. but i suspected "fifteen" is having cock-eye. well, i temporary named her "fifteen" since she used up 15 mins of my traveling time. i was already very hungry, cos' i only had 3 slices of bread, since morning. i noticed her eyes were looking at opposite directions. do animal have cock-eye too? hmm... but she's tearing mostly, i reckon tomorrow need to take her to vet, have a look. or else, i afraid she might turn blind. she seemed rather active anyway, so i think she should be fine.

i shall keep her for a few days, then decide what to do with her. she needs her mother, newly born kitten & puppy must stay with the mother for at least 8 weeks or else they will be nutrient deficient.

so again, i walked to get my dinner, yes, i remember, i bought her some milk on my way back home...










No comments:

Post a Comment