Tuesday, April 8, 2008

i'm punctured & grocerilized...

today is truly an eventful,  very heavy, very humid, hot & punctured and not to mention that "today" began since yesterday's 3pm. and it's 1am now, i'm still awake from sunday.

i started the day by receiving a text message at 09.19am, a surprise yet predicted one. this message is not helping my already shattered mind from yesterday's silence. the following messages disrupted my hyped up spirit of trying to begin today, this monday as a new dawn for the fruit of our struggle for the company.

     <<< "i'm going to service my car. i'll come in around 2pm." <<<         
>>> "ok. But next time drop your car to service on saturday." >>>
     <<< "i was busy on saturday." <<<                          
>>> "was it work related? and this saturday also not free? dude i think this is not working out. We need to talk later." >>>
     <<< "it was my moms birthday. if you don't like it i'll resign." <<<        
>>> "ok. if that's how you see it. And not able to see my point. Then it's better for us to part ways now & remain frens." >>>
     <<< "ok. As you wish." <<<                         
>>> "I'm out for meetings & fix the pc. back only evening. i've issued cheque for u. you may collect it & pls. keep the thumb drive as a gift. Thanks for everything." >>>

that's how a initially-started-heart-pumping partnership ends. very abruptly, 
not the way i wanted but sometimes things just have to end in a way that we least expected.

i'm feeling guilty & heavy for i had to choose to make such a decision but i don't have a choice. threats never work well with me. and not to mention that i've given up a so-called-easy-way-out job opportunity in beijing, hence what i need now is no more nonsense but full concentration on building up the empire. tardiness is definitely a no-no for this kind of situation. i didn't ask for much, i only ask for full 9-hours of dedication. clinching business, ensuring the stability 
of the finance is my duty, all i'm asking is a full support in holding up my fort while i'm charging forward. not to mention that, you're taking twice amount of my pay. it might not be a lot, 
but it's a lot for a small & growing company that only bills 3 times of your salary.
i'm scratching my head, having sleepless nights trying my means to ensure i keep up to my promise to able to pay your salary, so all i'm asking for is a little respect & initiative, yet i'm receiving nothing but bearing all burden on my already dwarf body.

anyway...then i moved on to my usual pc shop and on the way there suddenly realized that i have no money and i got to go to the bank...then the most bizarre thing happen, the most unusual jam at the most unusual time, and i have no way round but to use that route, not to mention my aircon's compressor broke down and today somehow is a crazy extremely hot day, i estimate as high as 36c! it's so uncool then i'm soaking wet with my overflowing perspiration in my sleek pink long sleeve shirt...damn, i'm totally unglamorous for the moment! yet, i had to go on or i would have no money to have my favorite iced vanilla latte...this blizzard weather not only cause me to be in the most unglamourous form, windows all wound down and smelling the exhaust fume but cause me to have heat rashes around my forehead...it's crazy....but it's funny at the same time, how many coincidence as such would happen on the same day?

then while waiting for my pc to be fixed, i was already zombie-fied from the heat & lack of sleep, then the heavy pours came, and so i had to be sober and act all cool in the pc shop to wait for the rain to stop.

but i love the most of my day was my grocery trip in carrefour. i say, walking in the midst of all the products is certainly something that keeps me alert and all excited. there's so many new things, interesting things, it even crossed my mind that one day i might wanna work as a fishmonger...looking at all the families, children, housewives, galore of products calms me. i actually love grocery shopping, and i tend to stay in the hypermart for hours usually. not into buying, but a great horizon of learnings how things move so fast, evolves so much amazes me. well, pushing the trolley is also another fun thing to do...and skii along with it even more fun.

i'm done, got my bread, my gas, very essential element when you're hungry in the middle of the night; tissues boxes, something i can't live without; my soya bean, and a craving for ribenna, i wonder why, i just wanna taste some sweetness tonight....and indeed, the glass i'm holding now proves that ribenna is best served chilled and it also great to go along with vodka....



No comments:

Post a Comment