Thursday, July 24, 2008

there is an epidemic going around...

that's what my doctor said to me, quote vis quote.

i'm never a "doctor" person, i remember the last time i visited a doctor must be almost 2 years ago. then yesterday, after being smart-aleck for 2 days, i decided to see a doctor as i realized my temperature raised to 37.6C after it was decreased from 38.4C to 37.1C. my temperature fluctuates since the first day of fever on monday.

i believe she was right about the epidemic. there were few patients before me, and i realized all of them took the same kind of medicine as mine. or could she be advocating certain pharmaceutical brand?

she warned me, in any circumstances if the fever doesn't subside after 2 days we should consult doctor immediately for dengue test and other implications. i visited her on the 3rd day, i suppose not so bad right?

so this fever had quite a few hilarious events anyhow. i was perspiring like a mad cow for the past few days...i had to get up to change my shirt every 3-4 hours! and my bed has turned into a water bed...yes, full of my sweat....damn...but i couldn't do anything, i was just too weak to change the bed sheet every 4 hours. so i've been switching sides of the bed...but it was hilarious, i believe i must have lost at least 1.5kg over the last 3 days...not bad eh?

and this evening when i was about to drive out to feed my wobbly body, i realized my car's tyre was flat! damn...with my current physical condition, it's impossible for me to replace the tyre... so i had no choice but to walk to the closest restaurant, one step at a time. yes, one step at a time.

oo... yes, i've been nicotine-free for 4 days...wonder how long can i maintain this ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment