Tuesday, July 10, 2007

ruby is dead. those bastard shall pay!




ruby "little black nose" yap.
19 april 2006, 4.40am - 10 july 2007, 6.17pm

my beloved cat is dead.

his name is ruby.

one of my most favorite cats.

super duper "manja", always around my feet when i'm at my work desk.

always rushes back home when he sees me home.

always makes the funny sound when he was hungry and decided to return from his pussy-hunting trip.

"as if i owe you" i told him many times. "why make so much noise when you're hungry?"

annoyed the hell out of me, mostly but i love him dearly.

now i wish to hear his annoying sound but no more.

doctor said, he was hit by blunt object. cos' there is no wound, no blood, no bone fractured. could be hit by car / motor or beaten by someone or he fell from high ground but unlikely.

i saw him emotionless when i was on my way for meeting. tried to send him back through the door but he seem helpless, only moved with 2 front legs. picked him next to the food and rushed to the meeting.

i rushed home as soon as i can from the meeting. on the way to the doctor, ruby was making his usual 'manja' sound...i said to him..."don't worry, daddy is here ok?" he responded with silent. he understood.

then doctor said, the lower waist & legs have not feeling but should be ok. could be just the nerves. few painkillers and massage him gently few times a day should be just fine and he will recover. while i was making joke about have to massage him like working overtime.

1.5 hour later, i tried to put him next to my bed room as i want to take a nap and thought to massage his legs a bit then the unbelievable thing happen. he seem even more "boneless", his head drop to the side. tongue is stuck out then i realized his heart beat stop, so was mine.

rushed to the doctor and they pronounced him dead.

i find it hard to believe it. he was still very active and making noise yesterday. and now he's dead. taking his body home, on the way driving, my tears can't help but flow. my nose can't help but blocked. it's the first time i shed tears for my baby. i only start to think back. maybe it's me who has not took notice earlier...but i know it's over.

i hate to bury cats. this is my third time already. one was ramped over by my housemate, one was hit by the car. and one similar thing is all these 3 are the most obedient among the rest. one difference is, this time round it's not in the mid night.

and he suffered less, i think, i hope.

seems like the kindest are usually short-lived.

i curse those bastards who is evil enough to raise their stick to hit my little black nose ruby.

i curse those bastards who for being such an irresponsible moron drivers.

nonetheless, i think i'm too to be blame. i should have loved him more.

i hope he was happy when he was my baby.

rest in peace when he died in my arms.

period.

























ruby's final moment, husky boy is guarding him. 4.46pm.



5 comments:

  1. 哭吧!!盡情的難過。
    Ruby在天上會過的更好的,至少他不再痛了…對他來說是個解脫。
    ~ 加油 ~ 想找人說說話我陪你!

    S. 11st of July

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post has given me a better understanding as to what happened.

    We both have wonderful stories about Ruby, and that will last forever. Yours has touched me very deeply, my heart is clenching very tightly at the moment.

    And i miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks...i'm feeling better.

    i'll treat the others even better...that's the only way to redeem my lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love dont always save a life my friend... but it makes it all the more meaningful. when you come face to face with mortality, it teaches us to cherish the little time we have...

    my condolences

    ReplyDelete
  5. inspiring words :)

    a gentle booster...thanks.

    ReplyDelete